Thursday, June 16, 2011

Whole Foods Strawberry Whoopie Pie

At the new Whole Foods by my apartment, the whoopie pies definitely caught my eye.   Seems like we're seeing these more and more everywhere, don't you think?

I was particularly intrigued by the strawberry whoopie pie, mostly due to the cute pretty pink color, haha.  But I'm also a huge fan of strawberries so I figured it was worth a try.



 


Unfortunately, looks can be deceiving, especially with cute pastries.  The cake itself was pretty good with a strong strawberry flavor, but it was about 90% cake and 10% frosting.  For me personally, there needs to be a good ratio between the two components for a good whoopie pie.  Also, it felt like this was almost too big - like if it had been all over a little smaller, maybe it would've been more moist and tastier.   I still love whoopie pies, but will probably look elsewhere for my fix!

2 comments: