Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Georgetown Cupcake - Bananas Foster Cupcake


September brings us a new flavor at Georgetown Cupcake - Bananas Foster! It is a "Rum-infused caramel cupcake baked with caramelized bananas, topped with a caramel buttercream frosting, a caramel drizzle, and a fondant flower".

When I went to bite into the cupcake, I noticed that the caramel smell was really strong - if I didn't know any better I'd assume this cupcake was the Salted Caramel, haha.  I didn't detect too much of the rum or caramelized bananas in the cake portion, but it tasted more like a banana bread than the regular salted caramel cupcake, for what it's worth.  The best part was the caramel frosting- mmmmmmmmm, so good!  It's always nice to have a new flavor to try out, even if it doesn't end up being a personal favorite.

4 comments: