Wednesday, March 20, 2013

BYT DonutFest, DC

On March 2nd, a few of my friends and I embarked on a sugar high like none other, in the form of BYT's DonutFest - an afternoon of doughnuts as far as the eye can see, seriously.  As you might imagine, this event was AWESOME for a doughnut-lover like myself, and I really hope that they have this event again.  I especially liked trying out shops that are not yet opened, which makes me even more excited to try them out (hopefully) soon. 

Here's a quick rundown of the gluttonous day:




GBD doughnut holes; Zeke's DC Donutz red velvet doughnut




Store-bought doughnuts, in case the 293483948739247374324 options weren't enough, haha.




Jackie's brioche doughnut with blood orange glaze




Astro Doughnuts selections




Astro Doughnuts' samples, including s'mores, creme brulee, passionfruit, etc.




Eventide - I especially loved the yuzu sesame on the bottom center! 




Mac's cider doughnut on a stick, perfect for a crowded event like this one.




Farmers Fishers Bakers - vanilla crullers 




Pizzeria Orso - Nutella doughnuts




District Doughnut offered lots of tasty choices as well as coffee, which was a nice touch.




Poste - Yes, they really served duck fat doughnuts with bourbon maple glaze, haha.




Hot Hot Bakery - Vanilla custard doughnuts (they also had a Nutella version, not pictured).




Heller's Bakery brought a TON of doughnut options, as you can see here.




 A little memento from GBD - I can't wait to try their fried chicken too!

No comments:

Post a Comment