Friday, January 24, 2014

Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Pound Cake



While I was in Seattle over the holidays, I decided to try out this Starbucks Pumpkin Pound Cake recipe from The First Year Blog - I thought it would be a fun recipe to try out, and a different take on a usual pumpkin pie around the holidays. 

I made a few small changes to the original recipe. These changes aren't required, it was just based on my mom's suggestions and using what we had:

- 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg instead of 3 egg whites;
- Pumpkin pie spice instead of the separate spices listed in the recipe; 
- 2 mini loaves instead of 1, with one including chopped walnuts

This recipe is fantastic and I'm really glad that I tried it out.  My parents and I enjoyed this for breakfast, and then sliced and frozen to have as a snack for later.  The recipe is very easy to follow, and I would eat this year-round, not just during the holidays.  If you're not a fan of breads/pound cake, I think this would also work as muffins as well, just be sure to keep an eye on the baking time.  Aside from being delicious, think of how much money you are saving compared to paying $3/slice at Starbucks for this, haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment