Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Rice Cooker Japanese Hotcake-cake

I thought it would be fitting to have a Japanese food post on my birthday, haha.  As soon as I saw this post about using a rice cooker to make a gigantic Japanese hotcake, I knew that I HAD to try it.  It sounded like the perfect amount of delicious and ridiculous haha.




The recipe really is SO easy as the blog posts and review claim - I mixed all of the ingredients directly in the rice cooker bowl, and hit "Start" to bake.




And here's the final result! It was actually pretty funny how this big round cake just pops out of the bowl, haha.  Because the rice cooker bowls are nonstick bowls, it really does pop out very easily. 




If you've ever had a Japanese hotcake before, you'll know already that they are normally thick and on the sweeter side.  This is like an extreme version of that, as you can see in the photo above.  The cake wasn't dense at all though, and remained nice and fluffy throughout.  The slices of cake freeze really well too, and overall I'm very happy with this giant hotcake recipe! 

2 comments: