Thursday, August 28, 2014

Turkey Hill Banana Peanut Butter Ice Cream



I recently received an offer to try out a sample of the new Turkey Hill All Natural Banana with Peanut Butter ice cream, but I definitely was not expecting 2 FULL-SIZE boxes of the ice cream to come to my home, hahah.  This was a super generous sampling opportunity, and I dug right in (literally).

According to the press release, "Lancaster County, Pa.-based Turkey Hill Dairy has joined forces with Peanut Butter & Co. on the newest addition to the Turkey Hill All Natural Ice Cream lineup, Limited Batch Banana Peanut Butter. The flavor includes banana-flavored ice cream swirled with Peanut Butter & Co.’s “Smooth Operator” peanut butter."




One of the main draws to trying this ice cream out is the addition of Peanut Butter & Co.'s peanut butter.  I LOVE their peanut butter and have tried almost all of the flavors in the past.  Their peanut butters are my go-tos for baked goods, especially cookies and brownies.  

I wasn't too sure about the banana ice cream, but it didn't taste like artificial banana flavor or anything, more like an extra creamy vanilla, a little thicker than the usual ice cream in my opinion.  As you can see in the bowl above, there is tons of peanut butter swirled throughout the ice cream, and the chunky bits of peanut butter add some texture and a ton of flavor (even a little saltiness) to the ice cream base.  I would highly recommend this flavor for anyone that likes peanut butter, or just wants to try out a new and interesting flavor in the Turkey Hill lineup! 


Note: I was offered a sample of this Turkey Hill ice cream, but not paid or required to write a post about it. I know there are lots of other peanut butter/ice cream lovers out there, so I wanted to get the word out about this new product! 

No comments:

Post a Comment