Thursday, August 21, 2014

Shake Shack - Salted Peanut Cola Custard



Yes, you read that correctly, this is a Salted Peanut Cola custard from Shake Shack.  I don't know too much about the "peanuts and cola" phenomenon, mainly that it's a Southern thing (I think...).  A quick Google search came up with a nice explanation on the Coke website, about the history of people enjoying peanuts inside a bottle of ice-cold Coke.  Thank you, internet! 

So, back to this custard. I had no idea what to expect, since I've never even tried the traditional peanuts in cola before haha.  There was definitely a strong tone of saltiness which I thought went well with the creamy custard.  The custard itself was cola-flavored, and reminded me of the cola-flavored snacks that are pretty common in Japan.  For whatever reason, there serious are a LOT of cola-flavored gummies, hard candies, and gum in Japan, and this custard reminded me of that, including the random spurts of fizzy flavor.  This was definitely one of the more interesting flavors of custard I've had at Shake Shack! 

2 comments: