Monday, February 1, 2010

Japanarama: Afternoon Tea- Reduced Calorie Milk Tea

Afternoon Tea, de-calorized.


This review won't really cover too much in terms of taste, since it's more or less identical to the regular Afternoon Tea Milk Tea, which I reviewed here.  The good thing about this bottle is that it's considerably less sweet (so you get more of the tea flavor), and it's 1/2 the calories of the regular milk tea.  If I see this bottle again I will definitely get it, since taste-wise it's as good to me as the regular "full-calorie" version.  Unfortunately I don't come across the Afternoon Tea brand of drinks that often, so perhaps my next trip to Mitsuwa will have to include buying these in bulk, haha.   

Random thought: I wonder how these teas would hold up if they were frozen, to make a psuedo-milk-tea-flavored-slushy?  Hmmmm...Might have to try it out with the 1/2 bottle I have left...

Update: For one thing, I'm an idiot.  Freezing this while it's in the bottle means there is no way for me to "eat" the frozen part since it's stuck in the bottle.  That being said, what I could break off and get, tasted like a tea granita of sorts.  Not bad! 

2 comments:

  1. K, have you tried this?
    http://www.veryasia.com/185161.html

    I freaking love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shop N Chomp: I think I've seen that before, but I've never tried it- sounds like something I'd love also!

    ReplyDelete