Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Review: Shutter Island Movie

I recently won passes to check out an advanced screening of "Shutter Island", thanks to the National Museum of Crime and Punishment in DC.  I have to admit, I probably wouldn't have gone out to see this movie myself, since I am terrified of all horror/thriller-type movies.  However, it was free, and I figured that it would still be a good movie, being a DiCaprio/Scorsese combo and all.

Well, I'll be honest- the movie scared me a lot at times, haha.  But it was definitely an interesting film with great use of flashbacks.  The music was v. dramatic and led the mood of the scenes a lot.  It was more of a mental thriller vs. a gory-scenes based movie, in case you prefer one over the other.  I think this movie will reach a v. wide and varied audience, and it seems to already be doing well based on this past (opening) weekend.  Definitely check it out if you're in the mood for it, or put it in your Netflix queue :o)


Shutter Island Swag

One random but nice surprise was the swag bag I received when I went to pick up my passes at the museum.  It contained a copy of the book "Shutter Island", hat, 2 plastic cups, and a bumper sticker/bookmark?  The sort of creepy thing is when you put all the items together like I did for the photo, all you see are Leo's "pensive/creepy?" face looking at you like 4 times at once, haha!  A big "Thank You!" to the museum for the goodies and a chance to see the movie for free!  

4 comments:

  1. wow....for a free movie & swag bag...lol...I'll definitely check out this movie....I used to be a dicaprio die heard fan...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO at Leo's creepy face staring back! XD Cute swag you got there. I am hoping to catch this movie this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I want to see this!......K can you please move to the ATL and be my best friend so that I can get in on all of your amazing free deals!!! Although we both would probably end up being 5000 pounds ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @adin_22: I loved him in Romeo & Juliet!

    @SNC: Let me know what you think of the movie!

    @Ashley: hahahah! That'd be awesome- although you know I wouldn't let you be doing this whole "no sweets" nonsense if I was there.

    ReplyDelete