Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kinkead's DC

A few weeks ago O invited me along to dinner at Kinkead's, to use a Groupon that she had won, woo!  I was looking forward to trying Kinkead's since I've never been, plus it's a seafood restaurant and I could always go for some seafood, yum.
 


In case you forgot, there's a plate when you sit down to remind you that it's a SEAFOOD restaurant, haha.



We started off with the Hawaiian Style Tuna Tartare “Poke” with sushi rice, mango, toasted macadamias, and taro chips.  You can't tell from the photo, but the tuna was stacked on top of the rice and had a nice layered look to it from the side.  I liked the taro chips for the added crunch but would put this in the "good, not great" category overall.  The tuna was sorta overshadowed by the mushy sushi rice for me. 




For my entree, I went with the appetizer of house made Chittara pasta with lobster medallions
 in a light tomato, garlic, clam, and basil broth.  Our server noted that this was a large appetizer, and she wasn't kidding!  I really enjoyed this dish- hellooooooo, pasta + lobster, haha.  The sauce was surprisingly light and the texture of the pasta was great.  I would definitely order this dish again!



O went with the pan seared sea scallops with potato gnocchi, and for the life of me I cannot remember what the middle compnents were (bacon? on top of some sort of greens?).  I tried a bite of this and liked the gnocchi a lot, and thought the scallop was nicely seared and not gummy at all.

Overall it was a nice meal with great company - thanks again for the invite O!  The restaurant seemed to cater to an older crowd overall, and wasn't really the type of restaurant I tend to go to with friends, but I'm glad I tried it out, especially for that lobster pasta dish!     


Kinkead's Restaurant
2000 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20006
202.296.7700 // on OpenTable

4 comments:

  1. I can't remember what it was either. The salad part was grilled lettuce, which I thought was a bit odd. I'm glad we are no longer Kinkeads virgins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lobster + pasta = major drooling!

    Thanks for the DSW gift card deal too. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olga: Thanks again, it was fun!

    @SNC: Lobster + shoes, woo ;o)

    ReplyDelete