Friday, April 9, 2010

Rice Paddies Grill, Bethesda, MD


Noodles with Grilled Pork

A quick post about a small, casual spot in Bethesda- Rice Paddies Grill.  It's located just outside of the main "restaurant" area of downtown Bethesda, but v. easy to get to (a few minutes from Barnes and Noble, next to the Starbucks on Wisconsin Avenue by the co-op).  I had heard about this place before but didn't think to try it out until recently, when I found myself walking around the area and figured I'd pick up some dinner.  The menu is pretty small, but offers a good selection of grilled meats, dry and soup (Pho) noodle dishes, as well as veggie options.  I ordered the Vermicelli noodles with Grilled Pork, and sat outside to wait while my order was being prepared.  It took maybe 10 minutes, which was fine since the weather was so nice out.  For under $10, this was a huge portion of grilled pork, veggies, and noodles (underneath).  I thought it might be too much, but I'll be honest, I pretty much ate 80% of it without stopping, haha.  Especially with the fish sauce (top left container) mixed in, it was a great combo of hot/cold, with tender chunks of pork being the highlight of the dish.  I look forward to trying out more of their dishes soon, since I love Asian noodle dishes and most Vietnamese food in general.  There is a small dining area but it seemed like most people I saw were also there for take-out.  This would be a great spot to pick up lunch during work if you work in the downtown Bethesda area!        

No comments:

Post a Comment