Monday, March 14, 2011

Mad Hungry Cookbook - Crisp Toffee Chocolate Bars



I received a copy of Lucinda Scala Quinn's Mad Hungry cookbook some time ago, but hadn't really had a chance to cook much out of it.  When I did flip through it recently, the Crisp Toffee Chocolate Bars recipe definitely jumped out at me.  It looked tasty, easy, and I had everything on hand to make it- woo!




These bars were a little more crumbly than most other cookie bar recipes I've tried, but not in a bad way.  It did make things a little difficult when I tried to cut them into squares, but for the most part wasn't an issue.  They definitely went quick in my office kitchen- there's something v. familiar and nostalgic about a classic cookie bar, I think.  These had a really rich texture and flavor, studded with lots of chocolate chips and nuts.  Variations on the mix-ins would be easy to suit anyone's tastes.  I can't find the recipe online from my search, but if anyone's interested let me know and I'll send it to you from the cookbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment