Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love, Love, Love: Tabard Inn Donuts

A few weeks back, M and I met up to go running around the Dupont Circle area.  It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, and after we were done, we wanted to grab a bite to eat.  As luck would have it, the original destination (Tangysweet for frozen yogurt) was not open yet, and we took a chance on Tabard Inn for brunch instead.  Despite our gym clothes wearing, gross and sweaty appearance, they didn't shoo us out- and instead gave us an awesome patio garden table to brunch at.


 

The brunch itself was awesome (I got Eggs Benedict with Smoked Salmon), but I HAVE to comment on their fresh-made donuts.  Just LOOK at those beauties!  Piping hot to the table, accompanied by a light and fluffy vanilla whipped cream to dip the donuts into.  They were OMGSOGOOD and I would absolutely come back (with cuter clothes and makeup on) for brunch here again, even if I was just getting these donuts.  Argghhhhhhhh....drooling now just thinking about it!  

6 comments:

  1. I wish I hadn't seen that. *gulp* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting everyone! Fresh-made donuts are one of the best treats in the world :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, and I'm guessing fresh made nigiri donuts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Meppers: Haha, yeah, we'll prob have to "make do" with these for now.

    ReplyDelete