Thursday, July 9, 2009

Food, Inc. - Free Screenings Nationwide!

Food, Inc. is a movie that takes a look at the industrialization of American foods, including the meat industry, agriculture, and how our eating habits are shaped by the industry. I saw this about a month ago, and it's a pretty powerful movie that I really enjoyed. For better or worse, these issues are a part of our everyday lives, and what we choose to do about it can make a big difference.

Due to its increasing popularity, I believe it's become available to a wider audience now since its debut. To help get the word out, Chipotle is sponsoring free screenings nationwide, which I think is pretty cool. Looks like it'll be showing Bethesda & DC next week (15th and 16th, respectively). Thanks to M for sending this in to me!

If any of you are interested in seeing this movie, I highly recommend it, free screening or no free screening. It's not perfect, and it might not have covered all of the issues, but I definitely appreciated the general message and how they chose to cover the issues that they felt were important.

No comments:

Post a Comment