Thursday, July 2, 2009

Product Review: Soap & Glory Spa Sugar Crush Body Scrub


Mmm, yummy


  • I Paid: NADA! I got this for free, courtesy of an online magazine contest. (Retail price online is $16.99 at Target)
  • Description: With smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia nuts

As most of you know, I enter a LOT of online contests. Hey, you can't win if you don't enter, so I might as well, right? Fortunately for me, I have actually won a good number of these said contests, which is a fun little surprise in the mail. By the time I've won something, I've usually forgotten all about the contest.

Soap & Glory may look familiar to those of you that peruse the toiletries section at Target- it's a cosmetics/toiletries brand founded by the founder of Bliss spa products. I love Bliss products and spas, and it's easy to see the similarities (yummy scents, fun names, a variety of targeted trouble spot solutions) between Bliss and Soap & Glory. Soap & Glory is more affordable and more accessible in general, being that it is sold in Targets in the US. That being said, I have never bought any of the Soap & Glory products before, so it was nice to receive one for free to try out myself.

First off, this tub is HUGE. A hefty 15.2oz tub of body scrub; this will last a loooonnnnnng time, haha. I liked that it had a thin plastic resealable inner seal- I don't like the paper/foil seals that a lot of body scrubs have, especially if you are opening it while you are actually IN the shower. Texture-wise, it was definitely thicker, and goopier than any other body scrub I've used. Instead of it being only grainy, it was more like a thick honey with stuff inside it. Not better or worse, just different. The smell was like a lime creme brulee, or a warm brown sugar scent with some limeade on the side, so to speak. It smelled really awesome, but wasn't overwhelming which was good for me. I used it on my hands and feet, and both my hands and feet were left smelling great and felt much softer as well.

Final verdict? Definitely a fun freebie to get in the mail- an extra bonus is that I'm actually going to use it! I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a body scrub to try out- it's widely available and not too expensive, especially for the big tub that you get. A great summertime home pedicure staple!

1 comment:

  1. "Smashed brown sugar and sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia nuts" -- they should have a warning on this thing: Accidental ingestion will induce spontaneous diabetes.

    ReplyDelete