Monday, July 26, 2010

Buzz Bakery at the Bethesda Farmers Market: Buzz Cupcake

 


I recently headed down to the Bethesda Farmers Market one Sunday morning, mainly to pick up my Black Tea Gelato order from Pitango Gelato (SO good!!!!!!!!!!).  Little did I know that a fabulous surprise was there as well- a Buzz Bakery stand!!  Apparently they started selling at the market a few weeks back, woohoo!  Since I was already getting a giant carton of gelato, I decided to pick up just one item from the Buzz Bakery stand.  

All of their cupcakes looked good, but the guy manning the stand recommended the Buzz cupcake, a signature item on their regular menu.  It's a cute lil thing, all fluffy and poofy-looking on top, chocolatey on the bottom.  The frosting is fantastic- light and super tasty, texture-wise v. similar to Georgetown Cupcake's cream cheese frosting.  The cake was moist and really rich, really nice along with the light frosting.  The crushed Oreos on top added a touch of texture - and I loooooove Oreos, so this was a total WIN in my book.  I would definitely get this cupcake again!  One of these days I'll have to make it to their Alexandria shop; but until then, I'm excited to try out more of their goods at the Bethesda Farmers Market!

2 comments: