Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Philly/PA Treats

A quick post about some yummy PA/Philly treats from my recent trip up for a friend's wedding:


My friend T and her fiance G were nice enough to pick up some real-deal Pennsylvania whoopie pies, woo!!!  I loved both the flavors but especially the pumpkin whoopie pies, sooooooooooooooo tasty any time of the year!  Thanks guys, these were so so good! 

 

Vanilla + Avocado 
The hotel was close to one of the Capogiro Gelato locations, much to my excitement.  We weren't even really hungry but I forced T and G to go with me, because that was the only time I would've been able to go during this trip, haha.  I decided to go with one "base" flavor and one specialty flavor to try a little bit of each.  The white scoop on top is their Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, which was rich, v. vanilla-y, and delicious.  I would absolutely get this flavor again.  The bottom scoop is their Avocado- interesting, to say the least.  Creamy, rich, and definitely avocado-y, go figure.  It was good for a few bites but I probably would not get a full cup of it anytime soon.  Glad I tried it though!  I'd love to try out more of their flavors- so many to choose from!

7 comments:

  1. I love Capogiro! I always get the chocolate. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ilana: Will have to try the chocolate next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try some real whoopie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMM <3 pumpkin whoopies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SNC: They're sooooo good (sorry, that prob doesn't help, haha)

    @Ashley: Woo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - those look amazing! Esp. that pumpkin one!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Shannon: I know it was so good!

    ReplyDelete