Thursday, July 1, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake: Free Toffee Crunch Cupcake

 

So this flavor isn't quite as "exciting" in terms of the Free cupcake flavors, since it's offered as a regular menu item every Monday.  However, I rarely go to Georgetown Cupcake on Mondays, so it was a good chance for me to try it, since it was new to me.  This cupcake is made up of a "toffee cupcake with a toffee-infused vanilla frosting topped with crushed Heath bar".  Meaning: Toffee-lovers, rejoice!  I'm not a huge toffee fan per se, but I enjoyed the "Heath bar" aspect of this cupcake, and I thought it was one of the more playful cupcake flavors that Georgetown Cupcake offers.  A lot of their flavors are pretty straightforward/simple (in a good way), but I thought this was a fun play on a candy- bar-turned-cupcake.  As you can imagine it's v. v. sweet but give it a try if you're a fan of toffee!   

2 comments:

  1. @Shannon: Yeah, lots of toffee flavor without that "stick to your teeth" feeling from real toffee bars haha.

    ReplyDelete