Friday, July 30, 2010

Pete's New Haven Pizza, Tenleytown-Friendship Heights

M, S, and I recently met up at Pete's New Haven - Ten-Frien (Tenleytown-Friendship Heights) location to check out their New Haven-style pizza.  I was pretty excited to try it out because I had heard lots of good things about their original Columbia Heights location, but had not yet been to that location.

The restaurant is located in sort of a random spot, especially for Metro-riders.  It's more or less equidistant from both the Tenleytown and Friendship Heights metro stops, so it's a little bit of a hike (especially in this heat).  Once we found it though, everything was a totally positive experience :o)

The space is v. bright and welcoming, with a v. neighborhood and family-friendly vibe.  The employees at the registers were friendly, informative, and patient, as we spent a little time deciding on what to order.  








M and I decided to split a 18" pizza with half The Staven (Pepperoni, Hot Sausage, Roasted Garlic, Caramelized Onion, Italian Cherry Peppers), and half Merritt Parkway (Prosciutto de Parma, Kalamata Olives, Caramelized Onion, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil).  Both were awesome!  However, if I had to pick one of the two, I'd go with The Staven - super garlicy, meaty, rich, and delicious.


 


S ordered the 12" gluten-free pizza, which came with unlimited toppings- woo!  She got the pizza with spinach, roasted garlic tomatoes, and extra buffalo mozzarella.  She says, "It was good!  My GF pizza actually tasted like the "real thing"".  I thought it was surprising for a pizza place, of all places, to have a gluten-free option, but definitely nice!   They also offer a gluten-free beer to wash down the pizza with :o)  Also, speaking of drinks - I'm not a big soda drinker but I liked their selection of Boylan Sodas fountain drinks- all-natural, with no HFCS.  

Overall we had a great meal there, and I would definitely come back again.  Everything on the menu sounds delicious, and eventually I'd like to try one of their non-pizza options...although honestly, it might be hard to not get a pizza!   


Pete's New Haven- Ten-Frien
4940 Wisconsin Avenue
Washington, DC 
202. 237. PETE (7383)


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks so so so so so good! We need to go there next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh jeezus, not right around lunch time (for me anyway). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned a new word today! "equidistant" When are we going back?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmmmmm LOVE pizza lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ashley: I thought of you when I was at Pete's!

    ReplyDelete