Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nationals Game Eats



This outing is from earlier in July, and I've (surprisingly) been to a few Nationals baseball games since, but I just wanted to post about some of the more interesting foods at the stadium.

One of the best things to happen to Nationals park is the Danny Meyer Takeover, haha.  One section of the ballpark is fully devoted to all things Danny Meyer: Shake Shack, El Verano Taqueria, Blue Smoke, and Box Frites. 

In the photo above we have an order of steak tacos from El Verano Taqueria - the ingredients tasted fresh and I liked the salsa in the little cup next to the tacos.  Pretty good for non-traditional ballpark food!


 


This item isn't technically in the ballpark but we walked over to Good Stuff Eatery after the game, so I'm counting it in this post haha.  Being that it was my first time here, I had to get the famous Toasted Marshmallow Shake, no?  Super thick and rich with lots of toasted marshmallow goodness throughout.  I will be honest and say I didn't exactly feel all that great after drinking this shake, but that could also be due to a hot day + beer, go figure, haha.  I'd definitely go back to try a burger! 


Good Stuff Eatery
303 Pennsylvania Ave S.E.
Washington, D.C. 20003
202.543.8222

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like lots of fun, Everything looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KandS, @Maris: It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great baseball park can turn a so-so game into an amazing event! The eats are the most important part of that!

    ReplyDelete