Monday, October 12, 2009

Review: Stonyfield Pumpkin Pie Yogurt


Who dun lahk a Pah? - Chef Art Smith


  • I Paid: 88 cents (Harris Teeter)


  • Description: Organic; Pumpkin Pie Flavored; Limited Edition.

As you can tell from most of my previous posts, I'm a huge fan of/sucker for/easily swayed into purchasing limited-edition food items.  I saw the Pumpkin Pie flavor on the Stonyfield website and knew I had to try it out.  Problem was, I couldn't seem to find it in the 3 grocery stores that I frequent.  I was starting to think that they had already came and went (which would be odd, considering it's still mid-October), but then I came across the yogurt at Harris Teeter - woo!

The yogurt smelled faintly of pumpkin pie spices, but not overwhelmingly so, which made me hopeful that this would be a winner.  The yogurt is creamy and it's hard to believe it's low-fat, considering its relative thickness.  Taste-wise, it was a great mix of pumpkin pie flavor with vanilla- like eating a pumpkin pie with ice cream, in a way. 

Final verdict?  Stonyfield is awesome, definitely did not disappoint with this flavor.  It's more about subtle pumpkin flavors with this one, which I like better than super sweet cloying flavors.  If I can find it again, I'm definitely buying more while they are available!

No comments:

Post a Comment