Friday, October 15, 2010

ATL Visit - Food Part 2, Sweets!

So, in case you were wondering, I did not forego sweets during my weekend visit to Atlanta - you think I'm crazy?!?!?!  Instead, I had so many food photos from my trip that I figured I'd split it into Savory (last Friday's post) and Sweets (this post).  Hope you don't get any cavities from reading this!  


After hitting up the Varsity, I got to have one of the awesome Snickers cupcakes that A made- so rich and delicious, hitting all the salty and sweet flavors perfectly!


Friday morning, D was nice enough to go pick up some dougnuts from Sublime Doughnuts, which I was super excited to sample.  On the top left we've got (what I think was the) Butter Toffee with Caramel Chocolate Icing; the center one's the A-town Cream; and on the top right we've got the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  What a way to start the day!  I liked them all, but I really liked the toffee chips on the first doughnut, went great with the squishy dough underneath.


Then, it was on to Cami Cakes, a cupcakery in town.  Super cute store and logo!




At Cami Cakes, A and I picked up the Strawberries-n-Cream cupcake, as well as the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream cupcake. I definitely liked the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream one better- great balance of flavors, and the cream cheese-based frosting was delicious.  The Strawberries-n-Cream cupcake was a little disappointing because it was plain yellow cake, which wasn't particularly special/exciting.




You knew we weren't just going to stop at *one* cupcake place- clearly we were going to go for another one, haha.  At Lenox Cupcakes we got the Dark Chocolate Bliss and White Chocolate cupcakes.  Looooooved the white chocolate curls on the White Chocolate cupcake- super cute to look at, and fun to eat!   

We decided to try to do something besides eat, and walk around Piedmont Park.  There was an arts festival going on in the park at the time, so it was fun to browse and walk around all the stuff going on there.  However, for being an arts festival, there sure was a TON of food all over the place, haha.  Lots of vendors and food stands, as well as companies handing out samples.  Hey, no complaints here- check out our bounty of free samples that we took back with us, haha.  And yes, those are  moustaches on the top right- the Dali exhibit promoters were handing those out, ha.  A special shout-out to Chobani Yogurt, they had a truck there and was handing out free full-size tubs of their delicious yogurt for people to try!   


After our walk around Piedmont Park, we walked down to check out Bakeshop.  We read about this place as part of Bakerella's post about sweets in Atlanta, and it was within walking distance from where we were, which was a bonus.  The place is sooooooooooo nice- modern but comfortable at the same time, with open spaces and high ceilings, plenty of space to showcase their numeous baked goods.  Plus, hello, they have 2 LARGE TUBS OF NUTELLA AT EACH COMMUNAL TABLE.  Just there.  Next to clean spoons, for you to spoon onto croissants, or a muffin, or even mix into an iced skim latte like I did, haha.  Such a cute place!

I can't wait to go back to Atlanta sometime and try out even more places, woo!

4 comments:

  1. i've never heard of a place w/ nutella on the table! that'd never work here, it'd be a nutella free-for all. doesn't that get expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Snickers cupcakes look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok - next time I'm going with you and not the K Brothers! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @nicole: I think it'd be fun if a bakery/coffeeshop here did it; they prob buy them wholesale I'm assuming.

    @Ilana: Yeah they were really good!

    @Shannon: Haha yes def!

    ReplyDelete