Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Vita Coco Coconut Water with Peach & Mango


Generally speaking, not a fan of coconut.  Hate the texture, don't like the taste, etc. etc.  This fact might be the most obvious in my Georgetown Cupcake reviews, as the coconut cupcakes were some of the more difficult ones for me to review, haha.  However, you'd have to be living under a rock to not notice the influx of coconut water these days.  Celebs are photographed carrying various brands of coconut water, there are ads in magazines, and people have touted it as a great post-workout hydrator and hangover cure, haha.   

Even with all the coverage, I continued to ignore the coconut water craze due to my aversion to the main ingredient.  However, my love of free things trumped my hatred of coconut during the Passport to Style event in Wisconsin Place, where Vita Coco had a stand.  I was given an ice-cold...carton? juice-pack? whatever you want to call it, of their coconut water with peach & mango.  Well color me impressed, it was REALLY good!  I think it helped that it had peach and mango in it, since I like those flavors, haha.  But still, it was super refreshing and tasty, and I could see why fans of coconut water are so jazzed up about it.  I've seen Vita Coco sold at Whole Foods and CVS, but I'm sure they are also sold at other stores/supermarkets as well.  Give it a try if you're curious about coconut water!  

2 comments: