Thursday, October 21, 2010

Haagen-Dazs Midnight Cookies & Cream Ice Cream


I'm a huge fan of ice cream, and love the Haagen-Dazs brand (favorite: Green Tea, duh), so clearly I had to pick up this one: Midnight Cookies & Cream - chocolate and cookies, yum! 

I will start by saying that there was pretty much no chance of me not liking this ice cream.  I love chocolate, cookies, and cookies & cream ice cream.  This is a perfectly good pint of ice cream for anyone else that's a fan of those flavors.  However, I can't say that I was really satisfied or excited once I tried this one.  With the name being "Midnight Cookies & Cream", I guess I expected a really rich, fuller chocolate flavor throughout, with the extra depth that comes from dark chocolate (vs. milk chocolate, for example).  The cookie pieces also were not the same type of chunky +  blended mix that I am used from regular cookies & cream ice creams.  Don't get me wrong- if I was offered this flavor I would still gladly eat it, haha - I just wouldn't put it in the same category as say, the Ben & Jerry's Milk and Cookies ice cream :o)  


Side note: This label on the side seems a little unnecessary... it's ice cream, not some vintage wine, haha. It's also disappointing, since I didn't really notice much of the "thick fudge" mentioned here, boo.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man, I was so excited to read your review and then go buy this, but now I shall pass. Agreed on the label, that's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B&J's Milk and Cookies #1!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Meppers: Give it a try if you find it on sale or feel like it- it's still a good chocolate ice cream, just not amazing.

    @Shannon: Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww this sounded so tempting lol
    I lovee green tea ice cream, have you tried their coffe ice cream from the "5 line?" That one tastes so good xD The ginger is very yummy as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MakeupMorsels: Thanks for reading! I have tried some of their "five" ice creams but not the coffee yet, thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete