Monday, October 11, 2010

Hamilton Beach Half Pint Soft-Serve Ice Cream Maker



I first came across this cute lil' soft-serve maker on the Unplggd blog, which I e-mailed to anyone and everyone saying "Omgggggggggg this is so cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute".  Fast forward to my birthday, where my friends S and D got me one (in PINK!) for my birthday!  Thanks guys!  I was super excited to crack the box open and get started on some soft-serve.




The Unplggd post covers most of the step-by-step instructions as well as details on this product, but here's how my first experience turned out.  I froze one of the bowls (it comes with two, which is a nice touch) overnight, and did the easiest recipe option, aka plain yogurt, haha. 



...and we've got tart frozen yogurt!  As you can see in the photo, the sides of the bowl freeze up really quickly, much faster than the part that's churning in the middle.  One issue I did have is that the lid didn't fit perfectly onto the bowl, which made the churning process a little more difficult.  I'm hoping that the next time I try it out (with a liquid inside, not yogurt) it'll fit on a little tighter.  It's a cute little applicance that is great for apartment living!  

No comments:

Post a Comment