Friday, September 24, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake: Chocolate Squared Cupcake


Here we have a slightly melted (from defrosting) but still tasty Chocolate Squared cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake. The Chocolate Squared cupcake is a "Valrhona chocolate cupcake with a whipped Callebaut chocolate frosting topped with a fondant flower".  Now this "fondant flower" is more like "fondant goo" but whatever, you get the idea, haha.  This is yet another cupcake from my prize :o)  

I have to say that I enjoy this cupcake, but I really really enjoy the cake portion more than the thick frosting portion.  Don't get me wrong, chocolate frosting will never really be BAD in my book, but the frosting is more like a thick fudge vs. their regular frosting, and is a little too thick to go with the spongy cake bottom.  You might think that this is due to me freezing the cupcake, but I've had this one before and it's generally pretty thick even at room temperature.  However, the good thing about the frosting is that it holds up well structurally, even under a little heat (vs. the lighter frostings). 

3 comments:

  1. I wondered what the pink blob was! haha. Still looks delicious! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. @KandS: Yup, v. chocolate-y and tasty!

    @Shannon: Haha yeah it's sorta sad looking but doesn't change the flavor.

    ReplyDelete