Thursday, September 30, 2010

Taylor Gourmet Bethesda- Arancini

As much as I've already fallen in love with Taylor Gourmet's hoagies,  I figured their other menu items  were also worth a look, haha. 




One of their Fritto items, the Arancini, are pretty much risotto in breaded form- how can you go wrong with that, seriously?  Each order comes with five meatball-sized risotto balls, with a side of a slightly spicy marinara sauce.


  


As you can see from my oh-so-artistic "bite" shot, these are packed full of cheesy rice-y goodness.  The crispy breaded coating is a great contrast to the creamy innards.  I also liked the slightly spicy marinara sauce, a perfect pairing with the Arancini.  


It might be hard to tear me away from the numerous hoagie choices here, but if you're so inclined, check out the Arancini for a filling and satisfying non-hoagie option :o)

4 comments:

  1. Those look great! I've heard a lot about this place...must try it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG... those looks SOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!! I need to make those... ala gluten free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olga: Yes definitely try it out!

    @Shannon: I think it can be done with maybe rice flour to coat it? It's delicious!

    @SNC: Haha, sorry to tempt you!

    ReplyDelete