Thursday, September 23, 2010

Yum-Yum Bento Box Cookbook Prize



A big "Thank you!" to the Feisty Foodie blog for this great bento cookbook contest they had recently!  I've seen this book before, mainly because I read Crystal Watanabe (one of the authors)'s blog, Adventures in Bentomaking, and have always enjoyed the really cute and amazing things she does with her bentos.   



This one above, with "Three Little Pigs", is definitely one of my favorites in the book- how cute is that?!  A lot of these are definitely geared towards young kids, in hopes to get them to eat healthier lunches by making them look friggin' adorable.  However, as I read through this book more times, I see that there are helpful tips for my own lunches in there as well, like simple decorating tips and easy recipes.  It really is a fun book to read through- so many cute photos!

3 comments:

  1. I think bento boxes are so cute and I love the idea of having small portions in cute boxes. I just don't think I have the time or patience for the presentation! Maybe when I have kids so it's more fun for them (ok, and for me).

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Yvo: Thanks again!

    @michelle: Yeah I definitely don't get this elaborate in my work lunches but it's nice for inspiration! I do have a million bento boxes though, it's a bad habit, haha.

    ReplyDelete