Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Taylor Gourmet - Bethesda

I've been eagerly awaiting the opening of Taylor Gourmet's Bethesda location- their other two locations weren't totally out of the way for me, but far away enough that it wasn't really somewhere I could go "on the way" to somewhere, either.  Finally, finally, finally, the Bethesda location opened up in the beginning of September, woohoo!  Believe me, you'd be excited too if you grew up in the Tri-State area and then found yourself completely hoagie-less after moving to the DC metro area.  There's just nothing like a really good, well-crafted Italian hoagie, seriously.

I decided to post this after going twice, which (not surprisingly) happened within the span of one weekend, haha.  C'mon, I was excited to eat hoagies! 





My first visit, I ordered a Spruce Street: Taylor Home Roasted Turkey, Prosciutto, Roasted Red Peppers, Sharp Provolone, Lettuce, and Onion.  All of their bread comes from Sarcone's Bakery in Philly, and all hoagies are dressed with olive oil, red wine vinegar, and Italian seasoning. 


Hoagie Innards

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  This was super delicious and I ate it really really really quickly.  Although, now that I think about it- there were a few changes in this hoagie, based on their online menu.  First of all, there were no roasted red peppers in here- kinda disappointing, since I'm sure if would've added a extra bit of flavor in there.  Also, there's tomatoes - not that I mind since I like tomatoes, but it isn't listed on their online menu.  Oh, and somewhat related- if you don't want something in your sub, be sure to specify it when you order, or else they pretty much put everything in there.   




Race Street Hoagie

For my second trip there, I ordered the Race Street: Taylor Home Roasted Turkey, Prosciutto, Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella, Lettuce, Tomato, and Onion.  The addition of pesto was really nice, as was the squishyness of the soft mozzarella.  As you might have noticed, I ordered two hoagies with their roasted turkey- moist, really delicious, I'd definitely recommend it! 

Overall, I'm super excited to have a Taylor Gourmet shop near my apartment- as is everyone else in the area, apparently, based on the huge lines this past Sunday, haha.  It can get a little hectic there at times, with wait times up to 15 minutes or so, but I'm willing to wait for a delicious meal!  I will definitely be back, Taylor Gourmet!


Taylor Gourmet- Bethesda
7280 Woodmont Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
301.951.9001

No comments:

Post a Comment