Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Review: Free Maple Cupcake, Georgetown Cupcake

Mmm..Pancake Cupcake

Most days during the week, there is pretty much no chance of me being able to get the free cupcake of the day from Georgetown Cupcake.  But luckily, they have offered interesting flavors on the weekend, and I can hustle over to snag one.  And I literally mean hustle- one afternoon I was unable to get a free one, despite it being only under 3 hours after they opened.  I choose to blame the herds of high-schoolers in the area...hmph.  

I was excited to try this Maple flavor cus it was: 1) new to me; and 2) an interesting flavor choice.  The first thing I noticed- the cupcake looks exactly like the Pumpkin Spice cupcake (previous post here), down to the maple leaf fondant topping.  But if you had these two together in person, you'd definitely know which was which based on the smell.  This cupcake smells like Maple syrup for sure (go figure), but moreso smells like pancakes WITH Maple syrup, which is all sorts of awesome.  It also helps that I love pancakes, but I think almost everyone does, right?  It's definitely one of the more interesting flavors from GC that I've had, considering how it really smelled like pancakes with Maple syrup on top (versus a singular flavor, like "Chocolate", or "Strawberry").  This was pretty fantastic!!  I would love for this to be on their regular menu - brunch cupcakes, anyone??      

3 comments:

  1. Brunch cupcakes - brilliant idea, but could go south quickly! Scrambled egg with spinach cupcake with a buttercream frosting...mmmm haha

    Maybe though, this could be our calling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shannon: Haha yeah that would basically become a mini quiche I think.

    @SNC: So so good! (Not to rub it in, haha)

    ReplyDelete