Monday, March 1, 2010

Japanarama Review: Yaki-Jyaga Potato Chips

Whole Bag: 175 calories...?

Another item from my NJ Mitsuwa haul- this was more out of curiosity than anything else, since pretty much everything else I got was chocolate/sweets.  It's soy sauce-flavored baked potato chips- the big selling point is that it's a lightened up, non-fried potato chip.  These had a really light (read: practically non-existant) flavor of soy sauce, and texture-wise were like really thin versions of PopChips.  There were more chips in the bag than I expected, especially with "healthy" snacks like these.

Even with a lot in the bag, I didn't finish the chips.  They had pretty much no flavor and the texture way way too dry for me.  I thought they were interesting to try out, but obviously wouldn't get them again.  I guess most "light" versions of snack foods are like this to me- the lack of flavor negates the "healthy" aspects of them, and I will inevitably rather have a smaller amount of the regular snack food instead, haha.

2 comments:

  1. Gawd, don't you hate that? Asian potato chips seem to always be hit & miss. =\

    P.S Thanks for the sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: I know! I think for now I'll stick with sweets instead.

    ReplyDelete