Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Recipe: Matcha Yogurt Loaf


I saw this recipe from Kirbie's Cravings for a Chocolate Yogurt Loaf Cake, and thought it sounded pretty interesting.  I had a bit of plain yogurt left (bought a quart when I already had a full one at home), so I thought a yogurt cake would be a good way to use some up.  I wasn't really in the mood to make a chocolate loaf though, so I subbed in Matcha powder for the cocoa powder/coffee. 

The recipe is very simple and comes together pretty quickly.  I love the color of the green with the browned edges, and the yogurt makes this cake nice and moist without adding any extra flavor.  You could probably use this recipe as a base for lots of other yogurt loaf cakes: orange, strawberry, honey, chocolate chip, Nutella, etc.  A great "base" recipe to keep around, especially if you eat plain yogurt on a regular basis anyway, like I do. 

4 comments:

  1. @Shannon: Lemme know what you put in it/how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how you subbed matcha powder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SNC: Thanks! I can't stay away from the matcha, haha!

    ReplyDelete