Friday, March 26, 2010

Review: Trader Joe's Crab Cakes



I like shopping at Trader Joe's mainly to try out new products, be it new in the store or just new to me.   My mom actually told me about these frozen crab cakes that she got on her last trip, so I thought I'd give them a try for myself.  I really liked that they were a 2-pack of small-ish crab cakes, perfect for me.  You just thaw it in the fridge beforehand, and then pan-fry, bake, or deep-fry, whatever you feel like.  I prefer a really crispy crust, so I put panko crumbs on the outside before pan-frying with a little oil.  These were great!  Some might think they are pretty thin/small, and I agree- but the lack of excessive filler makes up for it, I think.  I had one of these with a salad and it was a nice meal for super cheap (the 2-pack is under $3, I think?)  If you like crab cakes, give these a try next time you're in a Trader Joe's and see what you think!   

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been to a TJ's in forever. I love the idea of putting panko on 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: Thanks! Yeah I love panko-crusted anything, pretty much, haha :o)

    ReplyDelete