Friday, March 26, 2010

Georgetown Cupcake: Chocolate Salted Caramel + Cookies n' Cream

March = Cookies n' Cream and Irish Cream cupcakes over at Georgetown Cupcake.  I headed to Bethesda to pick up the free Chocolate Salted Caramel cupcake and figured I'd try the Cookies n' Cream one as well, then carried the box around to lunch at Ren's Ramen down the street.  After lunch, I placed the box on a shelf while I was putting my coat on... and then..my bright pink Georgetown Cupcake box literally committed suicide right in front of my eyes. Flipped completely upside down.  The family standing by me literally gasped as we all watched it fall.  


**Warning: the following photos might be disturbing to cupcake fans**







So, yeah, needless to say, I was pretty disappointed.  But, it's not like they fell out of the box and into the street or anything, so it wasn't like they were completely ruined.  I pushed some of the frosting back on the cupcakes and tried them out over the course of the next two days.   

The Cookies n' Cream - oh man, the frosting is awesomeeeeeeee.  But I'm a huge Oreo cookie fan, so if you're not, you might not love it, but then I don't really know why you'd be trying this to begin with, haha.  The cake itself seemed to be a vanilla-based, Oreo-crushed, mixture that I really liked a lot.  I wish it wasn't just a month-long special!

The Chocolate Salted Caramel was v. decadent and delicious. The salt flavor doesn't really come on that strong- it's more like the caramel tastes less sweet and more muted than what you might expect. It's a great combination of caramel and rich chocolate cake, although I think it'd be cute if they sprinkled some sea salt on top or something to give it that "salted" look, like people do on salted caramel candies and chocolates.  

I think both of these would be fantastic as regular menu items- fingers crossed!!

6 comments:

  1. That is the saddest thing I've ever seen. :(

    I hope that you licked the box. (I know I would.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Stacey: I know, so sad :o( Haha, no, I didn't, but I scraped most of the frosting off the box and put it back on the cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sniffs* Sorry to hear what happened. Good thing you were able to scape most of the frosting off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SNC: I know, so sad! But yeah taste-wise it didn't make a huge difference- although they definitely looked cute (the Salted Caramel cupcake has a flower pattern of caramel on top which obvi you can't see in the photos, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooo sad:o( this happened to some of our engagement cupcakes!!! BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ashley: WHAT?! You didn't tell me that!! So sad!

    ReplyDelete