Thursday, March 11, 2010

Review: Aveda Smooth Infusion and John Frieda Frizz-Ease Heat Defeat

I've always considered myself v. lucky to have pretty managable hair, even if it's a little boring at times.  It's naturally thick, straight, and relatively un-damaged (consdering I dye it all the time).  However, since my hair is now the longest it's ever been, I found that it hasn't been as straight at the ends as it normally is when my hair is shorter.  I use my flat iron more often now than I used to, depending on a) how early I wake up; and b) If I feel like making sure it's pin-straight or not.  Obviously it's not a great idea to flat iron your hair completely dry without any protective products, so I looked around for something good to use:




I started using both of these products mainly because I rarely, if ever, blow-dry my hair.  I wash it at night after the gym and let it air dry.  Therefore, I needed something that would work with my dry hair in the morning (vs. products that only work on damp hair before straightening).  I start out with a few quick sprays of the John Frieda spray along the ends of my hair, and then rub in a pea-sized amount of the Aveda Straightener before flat ironing.  This way, the Aveda Straightener isn't going directly onto dry hair, which would result in a greasy-looking finish for me.  I've had v. good results with this combination so far- hair is straight to the ends and looks "finished" as opposed to my regular hair.  I'm happy with this combo also because I use more of the (cheaper, spray-happy) John Frieda spray than the (expensive, tiny amount each time) Aveda Straightener, haha.  Now, I'm no expert on hair care or products, but these have worked out well for me, and I think both of these products do a great job...I'd recommend checking them out if you're looking for some new straightening products.  Also, if anyone's had good luck with any other products, please feel free to let me know in the Comments!           

2 comments:

  1. I have never tried straightening products even though my hair could use some. =P Thanks for the recs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SNC: Yeah I like these for a little extra straight/glossy look, they've worked pretty well so far!

    ReplyDelete