Friday, March 5, 2010

Love, Love, Love: Hunter Boots


Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I've had my eye on Hunter boots for a while, which is easy to do in the DC area since you see them EVERYWHERE, especially around Georgetown, haha.  I finally had my chance on my trip home to NJ, since "Being in NJ" = "Going to the mall(s)", more or less :o)

Luckily, there were a few options at Lord & Taylor, including some scary-ass bright yellow ones that made me look like a kid playing "firefighter", and the ones above, which are a nice charcoal shade.  We decided to check other department stores also, to see what else was out there.  While Lord & Taylor only had the short versions on display, Nordstrom seemed to have only the tall ones out.  I was a little iffy about the short boots at first, but then got a nice reality check of my lack of height when we went to Nordstrom. I tried one pair on, and felt like I had leg braces on, they were that tall on me.  I literally could not bend my knees while trying to walk in them, haha!  So back to Lord & Taylor it was, and good thing we did too, cus with my mom's L&T card plus additional coupon, it was about $30+ less than the retail price!  Woohoo! 

I've worn these around town a few times now and they are super comfy and keep my feet nice and dry.  The only negative is that one pair of skinny jeans managed to leave some faint blue stains on the inside of the boots- but no biggie, since I'm the only one that will see/notice that for the most part.  Fantastic boots, super cute, good tread on the soles, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for rain boots!    

7 comments:

  1. When I say I have been obsessed with these this winter, it's an understatement. I've worn them in rain. I've worn them in snow. I've worn them with sequins. So pretty much nonstop for the last 3 months. I know it's kinda trend-whorish right now, but these babies will be with me for decades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @floridagirlindc: I totally should've gotten them earlier, at least to use them during Snowpacalypse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i just found and commented on your blog a few days back. then I just went onto foursquare's site and you were on the recent activity homepage (I recognized the photo from your profile pic)! Small, strange world!!

    p.s. i am not crazy haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ilana: Thanks! You can get them in a different color to match, ha!

    @JtG: Haha, yeah really, small world! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a pair of Hunter boots this past November and I am not lying when I say I will never buy another cheap pair of rainboots again, ever. They keep my entire leg from the knee down dry, whether it be rain or snow. During Snowpocalypse, when the snow was up to my thigh, I came in and took those boots off and my calve/foot was still completely dry. Also, the trend factor is a perk haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @PRGOAM: Haha, good to know! I got them right after the whole snow fiasco, but you're right, they def keep everything dry!

    ReplyDelete