Friday, March 5, 2010

Crepe Amour + MAC Give Me Liberty of London Launch

On March 2nd, N and I headed over to the MAC store in Georgetown for the MAC Give Me Liberty of London collection launch.  I was looking forward to seeing the new collection, especially the Blue India nail lacquer I had seen on the Temptalia site.  I believe this collection comes out on the 11th so it was fun to check it out a few days beforehand.   


 

We first stopped off to the new Georgetown Cupcake location, which was bigger and a little better designed than its original store.  I didn't buy anything (shocking, yes), mainly because I was taking the metro back to MD and I didn't want to deal with carrying the box back with me, when I could get all of the available flavors in Bethesda anyway.  I will say, the March flavors (Irish Cream, Cookies and Cream) looked adorable!   
  

Mayflower Crepe (sans cranberry)

Since we had some time before heading to MAC, we also tried out Crepe Amour, a new crepe place on M Street.  I got the Mayflower: Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato, Cheese, and opted out of the cranberry sauce.  The crepe itself was great- crispy on the edges, thin, browned nicely, and a little sweet.  I was pretty underwhelmed by the innards- the thin deli turkey especially made it more like a cafeteria sandwich to me.  That being said, I would definitely love to try this place again for a sweet crepe, especially since I liked the crepe itself so much.  Mmmm, Nutella and Banana!    

Now, onto the MAC launch.  The place was packed, and it was a little difficult to maneuver around the small store with that many people inside.  However, they had live music, free drinks, and appetizers/desserts being passed around, which I thought was nice.  I'm not really a huge MAC person (I think I have maybe one eyeshadow, and used to have a Lipglass at some point), but I like makeup in general so it was fun to check out the new collection.  I purchased the Blue India nail lacquer below, which I am pretty excited about.  It's sort of a muted blue tone that I think will be fun without being too crazy (aka I can wear it to work).  They also had free mini posters with the MAC/Liberty design on it, which is pretty cute.  Overall a fun night- if you see this collection when it's officially out, definitely take a look!  




 

 

5 comments:

  1. I like the packaging! Very Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried any of mac's nail polishes. let me know the staying power/quality and how you like the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg cupcakes AND mac? does it get any better?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you got to check out the collection early? Lucky girl! =D The packaging looks uh-mazing. What a pretty blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Shannon: Yeah I love the packaging too! Super cute, I kept the box, haha.

    @Nicole: I used this last night and so far so good- took 3 coats to be opaque but definitely an interesting shade, I'm glad I got it.

    @JtG: Super girly, super fun :o)

    @SnC: Definitely check it out when it is out- I'm so happy with it so far, and yes, LOVE the packaging!

    ReplyDelete